Thursday, April 9, 2015

Tenmarks Sucks! (Sorry for the strong language)

MISLEADING PICTURES AND WRONG ANSWERS


This is how an angle, measured in radians, of 5pi/6 should look:




And this is how the folks at Tenmarks drew it:



They made it larger than 180 degrees, instead of smaller than 180 degrees.  Big difference in Geometry!  

AND, they asked for the difference between arc BD and arc BC.  Now, every geometry student knows (and you would think the writer of this question would know too!) that arc BD is the small one, starting at B and going to clockwise to D. When you figure out what that one is, it turns out that it is also 5pi/6 !!  Of course, it doesn't look anything like the other one with the same measurement.  

BUT, it gets worse.  The answer they want is actually for the arc that starts at B and goes counterclockwise, through C, to D.  Every geometry student knows that you call that one:  arc BCD. Otherwise, there would no way to differentiate the two.

BAD, BAD, BAD.  

14 comments:

  1. down with the government!!!!!!! (of tenmarks ...) p.s. the only thing worse than their misleading pictures and wrong answers are their hints.

    ReplyDelete
  2. DOWN WITH THE GOVERNMENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (of tenmarks ...) P.S. the only thing worse than their stupid pictures and hints is their Wong answers!!!!! WHat the heck you cant tell me 2+2 isn't 5 >:(

    ReplyDelete
  3. i am in 6th grade and on a problem when i missed one part of a question and it marked the whole thing off, it shouldve given half credit, and as an honors student a c is equal to a d- or f and because of that i got a c and had to redo the assignment

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know

    i am a student and i have to use this and it is not fun at all.The program is sh$%t.


    i mean rilly

    ReplyDelete
  5. right i hate it so much!!!! AAAARRRGH

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think tenmarks is actually detrimental to my daughter's brain so from now on I do her tenmarks assignments for her. I have banned her from doing tenmarks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think tenmarks is actually detrimental to my daughter's brain. So I have banned her from doing it and now I do her tenmarks assignments for her.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ten Marks is brain numbing, Everyone EVERYONE knows the worst part about math is the busywork, and what is tenmarks? just busywork

    oh and 24% of my F****** semester grade is Ten Marks and their made up answers

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. THERE QUESTIONS DONT MAKE SENSE I HATEEE IT I CANT WAIT UNITL THEY SHUT DOWN

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tenmarks? But like ZERO-marks! Sometimes, Tenmarks can be 0% smart and 100% dumb! #Boycott Tenmarks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Even my FRIENDS agree with me that Tenmarks is stupid! #Boycott Tenmarks (For REAL this time! Boycott Tenmarks.)

    ReplyDelete